Every year, its tradition that on Vday I have a lady-date with one of my bffs. Last year, we went to Peter Luger's and Taureau (couldn't decide so we did both over two days!), the year before it was Chinese New Year so we took a hiatus, the year before that we went to our favorite bar (that sadly closed down) Telephone bar, and the year before that, well, I can't really remember that far back. This year, we went to The Stanton Social
|Inside of Stanton Social (pic from yelp)|
It was a great spot with gorgeous atmosphere and dark lighting so I didn't take any pictures of my dinner (for fear that nearby diners would dump my phone into my cocktail) so I'll just make this a quick post with pictures which I've pilfered from other sites and yelpers.
Its menu is designed to be tapas/small plates style so my bff and I shared 5 items and a dessert:
French Onion Soup Dumplings
|French Onion Soup Dumplings (pic from yelp)|
- very unique, served in escargot -type dishes where there are little spots for the soup dumplings. Served with 6 and cheese melted on top. Pluck out with toothpick and juicy french onion soup filled goodness inside! TASTY!
Chicken n' Waffles
|Chicken n' Waffles (pic from yelp)|
- very very very good. All the flavors complemented each other and it was just delicious.
Shrimp and Grits
|Shrimp and Grits (pic from yelp) |
- Big shrimp which were perfectly grilled and served on top of grits that were shaped into rounds (almost like scallops). Served with a spicy sauce. One of my favorites of the night!
Thai Spiced Baby Back Ribs
|Thai Spiced Baby Back Ribs (pic from yelp)|
- Mild flavor but fall off the bone tender. Served with cole slaw that was perfect to eat with the leftover sauce mmmm
- Big (and sadly expensive) disappointment of the night. Pretty much fried lobster and bland. You'd think everything taste better fried but I can tell you it ruins lobster. Not much taste and definitely not worth the money. Skip this and get an extra order of the Shrimp or Soup Dumplings!
Mint Chip Ice Cream Sundae
- Not mind blowing, but ice cream is always a favorite!
Stanton Social is a great spot for a small group to enjoy a lots of different flavors. If you find yourself in the LES area, definitely pop in for a bite!
Piggy says Yes!
Thanks for reading - Piggy KK
Post a Comment