32 oz. Chicken Stock (can substitute with Vegetable stock)
1 large Tomato, diced
1 package of Extra Firm Tofu, cubed
1 small bunch of Napa Cabbage, chopped roughly
2-3 ears of Corn, shucked
1/2 small Onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 TB Vegetable Oil
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
Soy sauce, to taste (approximately 1 TB)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. Wash and chop all the veggies.
|Fresh corn, tomatoes, tofu, napa cabbage, red onion and garlic|
2. Heat a large pot on medium-high heat and add 1 TB of Vegetable Oil.
3. Once the oil is hot (~30 seconds), turn the heat down to medium and add the garlic and onion. Sauté for 1 minute.
|Saute the onion and garlic|
4. Add the corn, mix, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. (Add a little more oil if necessary).
|And now it's time for the corn!|
5. Slowly stir in the chicken stock.
6. Add the tomato, tofu and cabbage. Stir.
|A whole big pot of raw veggies|
7. Add 1/4 Tsp Salt and 1/4 Tsp Pepper.
8. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
|Veggies all cooked down and ready to serve!|
Optional: If you would like to thicken it, add some cornstarch. In a separate bowl, mix 1 TB of cornstarch with 1 TB of water, stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Add this to the soup and stir well.
And there you have it! Easy, fast and healthy vegetable soup. I think my favorite part of this dish is the fresh corn. It really adds some wonderful sweetness to the soup and in my opinion, canned corn just doesn't cut it! You'll be surprised how flavorful this is with just minimal condiments. Give it a try and let me know what you think!!
Happy eating, happy reading - Piggy KL